Re: startx fails on Clamshell iBook with wsfb

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 07:33:38PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> Why do you want wsfb? The mach64 driver should support this chip and
> configure itself automatically, without an xorg.conf.

The only way I've managed to be able to use mach64 was with the NoAccel option
otherwise the display ends up being undisplayable. So that would be a good
reason to have a config.

And while we are at it, at the moment in 6.+ having an xorg.conf will cause
Xorg to bomb if the r128 driver/chip is present, so it's handy that it auto
configs somewhat.