chrooted to install OS was [Re: building userland with a netbooted system]

Hi,

My diskless build completed successfully; my diskful build stopped with
this error at a slightly different place (running ranlib on
libedit_pic.a).  The diskful build was done from the same boot as the
diskless build; I just mounted the disk and chrooted into it, since the
kernel I would have used was the same.

Is it possible to do a fresh install of NetBSD by chrooting?

What I would like to be able to do is do an install on either another drive or on an NFS partition. Then chroot to it and then delete the files that are on /, /var, and /usr and then do a clean install of NetBSD. Is this possible? If it is, could someone give me a how to on doing something like this?

Best Regards,
Al