Re: Smoking gun: NetBSD 6.0.1 userland instability

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Donald Lee <MacPPC2%c.icompute.com@localhost>
wrote:
>>> The only thing -g should do is enable debugging symbols; it doesn't
>>> generally have an effect on optimization.  Perhaps you mean -O0?
>>
>>No, I think more likely -dgl- was talking about "the old days", when,
>>yes, -g did indeed kill the optimizer.  It's been a while, but there
>>was such a time.
>
> ...back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, and computers had front panels
> with switches and lights.
>
> Thus sayeth the Old Guys. ;->
>
> If anyone can give me some confidence in what switches I need to use to
> get what we need, I can do the experiment(s).

I hope I'm not talking out of turn here, but the kernel config has an
Altivec option:

andy@dockstar2:~/src/netbsd/src/sys/arch/macppc/conf$ grep -i altivec GENERIC
options         ALTIVEC         # Include AltiVec support

What if you disable it?

Andy