Re: last(1) busted in 6.0.1?

>On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 02:11:29PM -0600, Donald Lee wrote:
>> One more thing I notice about NetBSD 6.0...
>>
>> The last(1) command appears to be broken.  When I use it, the output is
>> mostly line noise junk.  If I copy over the /usr/bin/last binary
>> from my 5.0.2 system, it works fine.
>>
>> How do we file bug reports these days?
>
>Presumably still by using "send-pr"
>(Do you have an interesting locale set, or is this something like TERM=xterm
>XTERM_LOCALE=C ?)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Patrick

I fixed it.

It looks like the format of wtmpx has changed in 6.0.  When I
upgraded from 5.0 to 6.0, I didn't force log file rotation, and
last(1) detects the logfile format by reading the *front* of the file,
and then skips to the end and reads "backwards".  With the tail records
different from the head records, it is all confused.

I'm not sure if this is a bug.  It might be if it's not mentioned
in the upgrade docs. ;->

-dgl-