Re: Booting original G3 iMac?

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:03:02 -0600 (CST) in port-macppc John D. Baker writes:
> I've finally been able to get back to this...
[ ... ]
> It then goes on to attach scsibus0 at mesh0 and then seems to hang
> forever waiting for the non-existent SCSI devices to settle.
>
> So the next iteration, I disabled mesh as well.  The last message on
> the display then was something about "bio <something>..."  and it just
> sat there like that.  I'd run out of time (and consciousness) by
> then, though...
>
> I'll try again as soon as I can (and try to post results more
> promptly so they won't be from weeks-old memory...)
Hi,

did anyone find a solution to this problem?  I recently tried to
resurrect an old G3 iMac Bondi Blue and dropped in a -current
GENERIC kernel, and it exhibited the exact behavior described
above, i.e. the last thing printed on the display was a message
about "scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle".  And
then nothing more.  Any suggestions as to what I should try?

                                        -jarle