Re: PowerBook G3 can't boot from hard drive

Hello,

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:35:27 -0200
Pablo Cabrera <binchmod777%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello, I am Pablo Cabrera from Paysandú, Uruguay. I am new in the
> mailing list, and new in NetBSD.
>
> My laptop is a PowerBook G3 PDQ. It's an Old-World Mac, OpenFirmware
> version 2.0.1
> I can boot from network, and install NetBSD in the laptop's hard drive
> but I can't boot from it.
>
> I can't load ofwboot.xcf from the hard disk, I am now trying to load
> it from an hfs partition. Apparently OpenFirmware doesn't recognize
> hard drive.
>
> I assume that hard drive is /pci/mac-io/ata0/disk. Any attempt to boot
> from that device results in the message 'can't OPEN:'..
> I've also tried with other devices..
> Note: the devalias ide0 and ide1 doesn't exists.

On some OF variants the disk nodes have different names, also you'll probably
need to specify a number. I'd try /pci/mac-io/ata0/@0:0 ( assuming the ide
part's node name is really ata0 and not ata@0 or ata@21000 )
Which devaliases are defined?

have fun