Re: Hunting the ahc boot-time panic

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 02:35:25AM -0400, Michael wrote:
> So, what I think happens is this:
> - OF only configures MMIO access, leaves NULL in the IO BAR
> - fixpci() only enables memory access since there is no OF property for IO
> access

I think that fixpci() or something should clear PCI_FLAGS_IO_OKAY and
set PCI_FLAGS_MEM_OKAY in the pci_attach_args.pa_flags based on the
OpenFirmware configuration.  Then pci_mapreg_map() will fail to map the
I/O BAR because PCI_FLAGS_IO_OKAY won't be set.

Dave

--
David Young             OJC Technologies is now Pixo
dyoung%pixotech.com@localhost     Urbana, IL   (217) 344-0444 x24