New-style modules

I saw a while back that macppc -current has the new-style modules (vs. LKM)
supported.  Can anyone provide a link to documentation on these?  Google has
proven fairly fruitless.  So far I've only found tips on converting a 5.x
system to a -current system with modules (fairly i386 specific, but oh well,
should work).

I guess the other big question for me is: do they support autoconfig properly?
LKM sure didn't, which is making it a little less than useful for my SWIM3
module.

Anyway, if I have to dig through sources to figure it out, then I will, but I'd
obviously rather not, since it's a lot of ground to cover.