Re: Hang during boot at adb loading with stock 5.1 kernel on Powerbook2000 Firewire (Pismo)

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Super Bisquit wrote:
>
>> I'd like to know how you got the kernel booting. Doesn't seem to work too
>> much on the B&W G3.

FWIW I had problems with my B+W installing linux that was due to the
IDE buses being crossed over.
That is, the CD upper ata cable on hda/hdb and the lower hard drive
ultra-ata on hdc/hdd. I did get it running, by cloning from another
install and yes it booted the NewWorld way.

The B+W did have an early version of OF3, but it was very buggy. The
B+W could install Tiger/10.4 the regular way (without XpostFacto
hack). But the rev1 with the SCSI drives card had big instabilities. I
replaced my motherboard with one from the original Yikes (PCI) G4
which fits exactly. but still the reversal issue. The Beige were OF2
and limited to 10.2 w/out XPF, I have one of those also, it boots the
OldWorld way.

 Make certain you have installed any/all firmware updates available from Apple!