Re: Best PCI ATA card?

>On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:14:13AM -0600, Donald Lee wrote:
>> I am still working to upgrade my server, and have run into a snag with the
>> third disk, which requires a second ATA channel.
>>
>> I have a Sonnet Temp ATA133 card, and just bought a cheap ATA card that is
>> not recognized by NetBSD (pci 1283/8212)  Sonnet works fine, but I'm
>> already using it elsewhere.
>>

>That's a iteide(4), but I'm betting macppc GENERIC lacks that.
>
>       Jonathan Kollasch

Thanks for the quick response.

I looked in src/sys/arch/macppc/conf/GENERIC (in current) and didn't
find anything "ite".  I didn't go to the i386 GENERIC looking for it.
Now I see it.

I *could* just add the line:

iteide*         at pci? dev ? function ?        # IT Express IDE controllers

and build the kernel.  In THEORY, that would work fine, however.....

I'm not sure I want to use the iteide driver if no one else
has tried it on macppc.  If it's not in the GENERIC file, it's a good
bet that usage is minimal.  (ref: indians with arrows in their backs)

Besides, I want to stay away from custom building my
kernels.

If anyone wants to play with it, I'm willing to give the card to anyone
who wants to do some testing.

-dgl-