Re: Server upgrade - 128G disk limit!

Following up, Michael is right, the on-board ATA controller does
support LBA48.  I have filled up some large disks with self-checking
pattern, and verified the data on disk.  It works fine.

It is a little odd that I can boot part-way with the Tempo
card, so some sort of OF drivers have to be on the card, but
they must make NetBSD unhappy.  I recall that for Mac OS 9, the
ATA cards "faked SCSI" in the OFW, but I don't remember details of
this.  The name of the ATA card in OFW is "Ultra-Tek133P+/sd", which
I believe is the shorthand for "SCSI Disk".

The Tempo card otherwise works fine with NetBSD, you just can't boot from it.

My server is coming up very well.  Previous problems with ntpd, bind,
and log messages complaining about "soft errors" on ATA are all gone.
5.0.2 appears both very stable, and seems to have improved performance
markedly over NetBSD 2.1.

This all leaves me with lots of paths to get what I need done.

Thank you all for your help.

-dgl-