By the way - serial is still busted in 5.1

By the way....

In the process of upgrading, I tried the dial-in PPP support on 5.1
with my Cyclades card.  It appears that the dynamic config of ppp is
working, and ppp seems to be doing its thing, but it looks to me
like the serial ports still don't work.  (This was with a vanilla 5.1
kenel.)

I have *not* debugged this beyond some very cursory poking, but it
sure looks to me like the same problems I had with the cyclades card when I
dug in and fixed it in 2001 (?).  My fix was to build in some hacky code
in the driver to deal with "lost" interrupts.  I have been
running production this way ever since. (NetBSD 1.5.3, then 1.6.2, then
2.1)

I only have one dial-up customer now, so I have promised myself that I
would not spend the time to fix it.  I just thought I'd document the
issue on this list.  It still appears to be a problem.

-dgl-