unexpected short transfer

I just did a clean install of -current (20101014) on a Powerbook 3,4
and I'm getting "Warning, unexpected short transfer 0,10240" filling
my screen in OpenFirmware.  The problem is not the ofwboot because
it's the same ofwboot I used to install, and I've also tried the
ofwboot files from 5.1_RC4 and 5.0.2 with the same results.  Copying
the kernel to the hfs+ partition results in being able to boot it from
there, but on my 5.0.2 machine (before I wiped it for -current) I kept
the kernel on wd0a and just the loader on hfs.  Forcing single user
and fsck -f / shows no problems with the disk either.

Any ideas?

--

Anton Faern