machfb still broken for first gen iMacs

Hi,

I just tried a netbsd-5 kernel from today's (2-October-2010) sources on a first generation iMac and machfb still gives a mess. Pictures are here.

This appears to be the same problem as NetBSD Problem Report #40232. Does anyone have a clue about any work done in the direction of getting this fixed? Should we disable machfb by default and let others enable it, or should we have an iMac specific kernel config file in macppc/conf/?

Thanks,
John Klos