Re: Installing and booting and OF3 machine from a single empty internaldisk, not working

> I cannot boot from the firmware prompt with this command anymore:
>
> boot ultra1:,ofwboot.xcf
>
> This is the output:
>
> 0 > boot ultra1:,ofwboot.xcf load-size=e930 adler32=ae3f25ef
> unrecognized Client Program format
>  ok
> 0 >
>
> So I guess it's either the ofwboot.xcf isn't in the right format, or
> maybe it doesn't like FAT12? I don't know.

Grr, yet another annoying quirks on Apple OF.
I'll revert MSDOSFS size to 8MB for now.

> I installed from the previous iso you made available, then used
> upgrade from 20091209 and now the machine will boot from the firmware
> prompt again, but the kernel still can't find the root disk:
>
> boot device: <unknown>
> root device:
>
> And the keyboard is not working again at this point.
>
> I attached a dmesg from a 5.0.1 netboot environment that works in case
> this helps.

Hmm, cmdide0 is on pci1 over PCI-PCI bridge, and it looks
src/sys/arch/powerpc/oea/ofw_autoconf.c::device_register()
doesn't handle OFW bootpath which contains PCI-PCI bridge properly.

---
> ultra1: /pci/@d/pci-ata@1/ata-4@0/disk@1

/pci/
pci0 at grackle0

 @d/
 ppb0 at pci0 dev 13 (+ pci1 at ppb0 bus 1)
                  ~~
  pci-ata@1/
  cmdide0 at pci1 dev 1
                      ~
   ata-4@0/
   atabus0 at cmdide0 channel 0
                              ~
    disk@1
    wd1 at atabus0 drive 1
                         ~
---

I'm not sure how OF spec defines such device node paths,
but I'll check how we should parse it.

---
Izumi Tsutsui