Re: upgrading to 5.0.1

On Aug 7, 2009, at 7:07 AM, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
I see there are essentially three different kernels to choose from. Which should I be using?

Whichever one you were using before, I guess? Otherwise, GENERIC. As I understand it, the kernels in the release are:

- GENERIC: A normal kernel with most of the likely device drivers included.
 - MP: Has multiprocessor support.
 - MD: Has a ramdisk (memory disk) root fs, see md(4), mdsetimage(8).
 - INSTALL: Has the install scripts on its ramdisk root fs.