Re: install update - making progress, stuck at HFS

>  I managed to mount /dev/wd0a on /mnt, chroot to /mnt, get the hfsutils
> installed (after manually configuring networking), but there I get stuck.  I
> cannot hformat /dev/wd0d.  I only get:
>
> /usr/pkg/bin/hformat: /dev/wd0d: error opening medium (Device not configured)
>
> I tried wd0e and f too just in case, but same message.  How do I configure
> this device so I can get the boot files copied over there?

What does your disklabel look like at this point ("disklabel wd0")?
Does it have a HFS partition, and is it wd0d? (I suspect "no")  You
seem to have used a different partitioning tool than "pdisk" when
setting up the partition table, and you need to verify that the NetBSD
disklabel matches up with what you told your partitioning tool, and
ensure your mapping of "disk space" to "partition letter" is correct.

Best regards and good luck,

- Håvard