Re: first timer, and libfreevec

> I've recently acquired a G4 and want to try installing NetBSD
> on it.  I've used the mac68k port quite a bit, and i386 a
> little, but this will be my first time with macppc.  Are the
> installation documents up-to-date, or is there some other
> wisdom I should be aware of?

You may find my notes from installing on a G4 Mac Mini and the
subsequent follow-ups useful, they're at

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2009/03/02/msg000617.html

If I recall correctly, the final release of the 5.0 macppc ISO
image is still not bootable, so to get to 5.0, you still need to
use the 4.0 image.  However, I think the radeonfb problem
described at the end of the above message was solved before the
final release of 5.0 (the above was done with a release candidate).

> I recently became aware of libfreevec, when I was looking into
> upgrading my Linux installation on my other PPC box.  Is this
> of any use with NetBSD?

Sorry, I'm not even aware of what problem that would solve...  I
certainly didn't have to use it to get my installation to go.

Regards,

- Håvard