first timer, and libfreevec

I've recently acquired a G4 and want to try installing NetBSD on it.  I've used
the mac68k port quite a bit, and i386 a little, but this will be my first time
with macppc.  Are the installation documents up-to-date, or is there some other
wisdom I should be aware of?

I recently became aware of libfreevec, when I was looking into upgrading my
Linux installation on my other PPC box.  Is this of any use with NetBSD?

Thanks,
Tim