NetBSD seems to have destroyed my NIC

Hello, people!

I am having a lot of fun with my latest NetBSD-based project. I've been a NetBSD fan for a long time now and have installed and used it on a Mac IIsi, a Quadra 630, a handful of i386 machines and, recently, on a B&W G3. It is going to be my firewall, but I think it'll take a little more time than I planned...

I don't know if this is the right list to ask for help, but here it goes. Please, point me to the right place if it is the case.

I installed a Compaq NC3122 dual-port 10/100 NIC (it uses the fxp driver and inphy PHY driver) today and had that infamous corrupt EEPROM problem:

        http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2004/04/15/0012.html
        http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2004/07/07/0004.html

But, in my case, the NIC won't show up at boot anymore. pcictl is unable to find it.

I didn't try fixing it on another operating system because I don't have much hope. It seems the PCI ID bits on the EEPROM are lost and no utility will find it.

Anyone had a similar case and got to fix it?

Best regards,
Flavio