Re: ppp on NetBSD 4.0.1 macppc

>In article <p06240801c5874d13cf92@[72.1.155.206]>,
>Donald Lee  <MacPPC2%caution.icompute.com@localhost> wrote:

>>>ppp is a cloner device. You don't need the 4. pppd will create it as it
>>>needs to.
>>>
>>>christos
>>
>>Oh...  Cool..  To be clear - I don't need to build my own kernel, then?
>>
>>In that case, I'm ready to test the serial ports. ;->
>
>Try "ifconfig ppp0 create", "ifconfig -a". If it shows up, you are all set.
>if not your kernel does not have pppd.
>
>christos

Cool.  I can create up to 9 ppp devices on both the std kernel and the
one I built with "4".  The "4" in options looks superfluous, methinks.
(I only tried 9.  That's plenty for me.)

Being a basic troublemaker, and prone to neatness, I tried
"ifconfig ppp0 delete" and it fails. A (low-priority at best) bug?

        +mercy-t$ ifconfig ppp0 delete
        ifconfig: SIOCDIFADDR: Can't assign requested address

Thanks,

-dgl-