Re: HEAD install: unrecognized Client Program format

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Joel CARNAT <joel%carnat.net@localhost> wrote:
> I ended installing 4.0 whose CD boots correctly :)
> Then, just replaced ofwboot.xcf and netbsd on the HFS partition with the
> 4.99.72 ones and it just booted fine. Quite tricky though...
>
> I still have to figure out why I can boot it manually from the OBF but not
> automatically. The following works:
>  0> boot hd:2,ofwboot.xcf netbsd
>
> The followings don't:
>  0 > setenv auto-boot? true
>  0 > setenv boot-device hd:2,\ofwboot.xcf
>  0 > setenv boot-file /netbsd
>  0 > reset-all
>
> I just get a grey screen %-)

That's a known problem, it's because NetBSD assumes that the OF has
opened the display device, which it apparently doesn't when
auto-booting.

A workaround is, in addition to the above commans :
0> setenv boot-command " screen" output boot
0> reset-all

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Marco.