Re: Xmacppc and NetBSD-4

Michael wrote:

> Out of curiosity - why do you want to use Xmacppc? It doesn't offer
> any acceleration and uses whatever colour depth the console runs in,
> usually 8 bit.

I know and I have to admit: I'm using Xmacppc for years now
just out of laziness :-)

8 bit colour depth serves my needs and lack of acceleration
hasn't been an issue with a desktop consisting of one xterm
running screen and one xclock plus one xload (occasionally
accompanied by gv and xli (and emacs on sundays)).

DPMS support would be the main reason for using XFree86 or
Xorg but they wouldn't dim or switch off the backlight on
an Apple Laptop, wouldn't they?