Re: Kernel panic with 4.99.64 kernel on an iBook SE

Michael Lorenz wrote:
On Jun 6, 2008, at 00:19, David H. Gutteridge wrote:

Hi all,

I thought I'd test the latest -current kernel, per Michael's  request to
check things out in anticipation of the 5.0 branch.  A kernel from  last
night's releng build panics on boot during disk activity, like so:

I'm not sure if this is much more useful, but I built a kernel with
some debugging enabled/added for envsys (and I commented out the
panic() call so I could actually save a dmesg), as below.

So it looks like the CPU is getting picked up in the sensor framework.

Ah yes, I forgot you've got a G3 with built-in sensor ;)

sme_event_register: (cpu0) event registered (sensor= snum=8907424 type=110 critval=0)
sme_events_init: events framework initialized for 'cpu0'
sme_event_register: (cpu0) event registered (sensor= snum=8907424 type=190 critval=0)

Hmm, the sensor number looks bogus. I'll have a look at the code and fire up my beige G3 - maybe I can reproduce it.

I've PRed this as kern/38994.  Nothing new to add at my end.  I've been
meaning to check what's involved in simply not including the sensor
framework in compiles; I suspect it may be complicated.

Dave