Re: Kernel crash with xf86-video-ati-6.8.0 on -current

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Peter Bex <Peter.Bex%xs4all.nl@localhost>
wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> After applying the hack/workaround for the __builtin_return_address,
> I got X working with the Xorg in pkgsrc. The radeon driver gave me a
> screen with a lot of flicker, so I tried the xf86-video-ati-6.8.0
> package from pkgsrc-wip. This works better (perfect graphics), but
> this one causes a kernel crash when exiting X. Any idea on how I
> could debug this?  The crash happens before or while the screen is
> being reset, so there's nothing on screen.

It looks like it doesn't restore the console properly when exiting . I
think the "radeon" driver in the in-base Xfree86 or Xorg has been
patched to do it properly, and maybe that package doesn't contain the
patch. You can also try adding the Option "iBookHacks" line in the
appropriate section in the config file; that used to activate the
patches in the "radeon" driver.

Regards,
Marco.