NetBSD does not recognize USB keyboard

Hello,
Further information. I downloaded macppc-3.1.iso to see if NetBSD would recognize the USB keyboard. Like 4.0, 3.1 did not recognize the USB keyboard and assume ADB disable input other than the power buttons (monitor and case). This time, the only USB devices connected were the keyboard and mouse via the keyboard. The keyboard defined in open firmware is pseudo-hid/keyboard which is located at pci@F2000000/usb@18/hub@1/device@1/keyboard@0. The keyboard is an Apple Pro Keyboard and the mouse an Apple Optical USB Mouse. I do not have an ADB keyboard available nor an ADB connector on the box. Is it possible to change the build default to USB instead of ADB?
Frank