Re: G3 B&W vs 7600

At 21:33 Uhr -0700 15.5.2008, Al - image hosting services wrote:
>I was just wondering if someone could tell me what is more reliable. Of
>course, if I was going to use the 7600, I would put in a G4 accelerator
>card.

In the light of what John Klos said, probably the 7600.

I've had mixed experiences with a B&W G3/400, from flaky Ethernet (have to
un- then replug the cable for the machine to pick up an IP over dhcp) and a
missing serial port (think console) to a 2940U2B SCSI controller that would
not do wide SCSI with more than one disk on the bus. A 40 GB Seagate IDE
disk works as expected, funny enough.

        hauke