Re: What does ofwboot.xcf know?

At 23:03 Uhr +0900 25.2.2008, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost wrote:
>
>> That's more or less what I ended up with. The small problem: It doesn't
>> work, a kernel on an lfs partition is not found.
>
>Well, it seems to work for me.

Same here, in the meantime... experimenting with Apple / BSD partitioned MO
media and ffs/lfs partitions helped, once I got the boot-file var entry
right. Something like "/pci/pci-bridge/ADPT,2940U2B/@4:4,/netbsd" on a
German keyboard with US layout... I can probably type that blindly now.

Interesting thing is that the kernel figures out it's an lfs file-system
even though the disklabel constructed froom teh Apple partition table
claims it's of type 4.2BSD. Smart job.

>>  static struct fs_ops file_system_hfs = FS_OPS(hfs);
>>  static struct fs_ops file_system_ustarfs = FS_OPS(ustarfs);
>>  static struct fs_ops file_system_cd9660 = FS_OPS(cd9660);
>> +static struct fs_ops file_system_ffsv2 = FS_OPS(ffsv2);
>> +static struct fs_ops file_system_lfsv1 = FS_OPS(lfsv1);
>> +static struct fs_ops file_system_lfsv2 = FS_OPS(lfsv2);
>
>If you'll add ffsv2, ufs (which is a compat name; see cvs log)
>should also be renamed to ffsv1.

I'll change that in my local copy, give it a final test run with all
file-systems involved, and commit.

Thanks for your help, and patience.  :)

        hauke