Subject: radeonfb, VTs and trackpad
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2007 12:07:14
--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

Hi all,

I recently upgraded from to NetBSD 4 BETA2 on my 12" iBook G4 and noticed
a few things have changed, most for the better.  According to this
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2006/11/08/0001.html
message from Michael Lorenz, the new console drivers should support
virtual consoles.

I've tried to add a few VTs, which works according to dmesg, but
I can't switch to them.  Whenever I press Ctrl+Apple+F1..F4, the
machine simply resets itself.  How does this work?

Also, the trackpad now interprets a tap on it as a mouseclick.  I really
consider this a nuisance, as my hand occasionally touches the trackpad
accidentally, or when I try to make very small movements with the mouse,
it sees it as a click.  I always switched this behaviour off in Mac OS
and in older NetBSD versions, this behaviour wasn't there.  Is there a
way to turn it off, currently?

The new radeonfb is quite fast on the console, but somehow it appears
X is slower.  When I try to play a game that uses SDL, it's a lot
slower with radeonfb than it was with a -current of a few months back,
from before radeonfb.  Should I update my 4-BETA2 to -current?

Regards,
Peter
--=20
http://sjamaan.ath.cx