Subject: Re: Install 3.0.1 on Mac Mini
To: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
From: Emmanuel Kasper <kdev@no-log.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/2006 13:11:59
Hello
> Hi,
>
> On 10/27/06, Emmanuel Kasper <kdev@no-log.org> wrote:
>> The partitionning howto mentions that Darwin UFS is supported in
>> NetBSD-current. Is it  now integrated in a formal release or still in
>> -current ?
>
> I can recall using Mac OS X UFS partitions from NetBSD 2.0 which
> worked fine, so you can expect it to be on all actual releases :-)

Thanks for the info indeed it does work. I created two ufs partitions
with the install CD of Mac OS 10.3 that I can use  from NetBSD ( the
other way round did not work )
When I mount these partitions I get the following message  ( I'm using
the GENERIC kernel from 3.0.1 ) :

# mount /dev/wd0i /fatb/ # 40 GB partition
ffs_snapshot_mount: non-snapshot inode 16384
ffs_snapshot_mount: non-snapshot inode 64

#mount /dev/wd0j /fatc # 20 GB partition
ffs_snapshot_mount: non-snapshot inode 16384
ffs_snapshot_mount: non-snapshot inode 64

Can I safely ignore these warnings ?

>> What sound be the sound device ? Is it "snapper" or "awacs" ? I don't see
>> anything in dmesg with the generic kernel.
>
> According to some messages on the list, snapper(4) should work on Mac
> Mini using the /dev/audio device.
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2005/02/13/0008.html
Ok I saw from cvsweb it was commented out in the GENERIC kernel.
I will have a try with a new kernel.

Manu