Subject: Re: Java support for NetBSD 1.5
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2000 18:18:57
------Original Message------
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
To: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax@earthlink.net>
Sent: December 13, 2000 2:11:03 PM GMT

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Taro Fukunaga wrote:

: Does NetBSD/macppc 1.5 support Java 2.2 or higher? Can I use the jdk
: that I am currently using with Debian/Linux ppc?

Currently, I believe, Linux emulation for powerpc isn't yet complete.

: I don't know if this has been
: asked already, but why isn't there a search engine to search the archive
: of this mailing list?

There's a search facility at http://mail-index.netbsd.org/ ...

I've searched the mailing lists and found that this question was asked on
12/3/2000 but the search engine doesn't show any follow up messages that
would make it easier to find answers. But it does seem like Java is not yet
supported, which is pretty disappointing but I am interested to know if
anyone is working on a port.

Thank you,

Taro