Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 10.0 on a Mac IIci

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 10:30:58 -0600, Stan Johnson wrote:
> NetBSD 10.0 doesn't seem to boot on the IIci with any Nubus video card
> installed, including the Macintosh II Video Card (Toby Frame Buffer).

Have you tried older releases, for comparison?

Do you have displays attached to both video connectors, or just to the
nubus card's? ISTR problems with multi-head setups on mac68k, which is
kind of ironic since the Macintosh was the first platform to broadly
support multiple displays...

> This may be a bug, since the installation documentation says that most
> basic unaccelerated Nubus video cards are supported, and an earlier
> document specifically says that the Toby card is supported: [...]
>
> Please let me know whether I should report this issue as a bug.

Yes, please do.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--