Port-mac68k archive

NetBSD 10.0 on a Mac IIci

Hello,

I'm trying to install NetBSD 10.0 on a Mac IIci. The system has the
following:

Memory: 80 MiB (Bank A: 64 MiB; Bank B: 16 MiB)
32 KiB cache card
Nubus:
  C: (Nearest the edge): Radius Rocket-25 (installed for other testing)
  D: (Middle slot): SuperMac Thunder/24 Rev 1 ROM 1.7.0 video
  E: (Nearest cache card): Asante MacCon Ethernet

After locating an ancient Apple 300 CD-ROM drive, and using either Mac
OS 7.5.5 resolution 1024x768 or 832x624, the system fails to boot
netbsd_install.gz with a disk timeout on sd0.

Booting netbsd_installsbc.gz works better, but it panics:

macvid0: Unknown video card ID 0x2cb -- Not installing interrupt routine
panic: cdopen: no console device

Next, I plan to try removing all the cards except for the cache card and
the Asante Ethernet and boot using the built-in video.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get NetBSD 10.0 to recognize the
console device using the SuperMac video card, please let me know. This
system has previously run NetBSD 9.0 without any problems, but that was
a long time ago and may have been with the built-in video. I can send
the console log if I can figure out how to re-direct it to a serial port.

thanks for any suggestions

-Stan Johnson