Port-mac68k archive

Re: PSU Schematics for Mac II Power Supplies

> On Mar 13, 2024, at 7:57 PM, Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:17:23 -0400, David Riley wrote:
>> In my experience, these power supply schematics are essentially
>> impossible to find unless you find someone who has reverse engineered
>> one (I saw one such claim a long time ago and never bought the
>> schematic from them).
>
> That's why I pointed to 68kmla, because there are people hanging out
> who either re-capped power supplies, or (increasingly) re-fit them with
> modern models.

Agreed, sorry, didn't mean to sound like I didn't.  If anyone is likely to know where to find them it would be the 68kmla folks (or, in the past, mac68k.info forums, but that place doesn't seem very active anymore).

Even so, those PSU schematics tend to be thin on the ground, and the IIcx/IIci/Q700 supply is especially annoying to retrofit anything to because of its weird "drop-in" Mini-Fit socket.  I personally wouldn't mind just replacing the guts of one with something modern and splicing a panel mount one on, though.

- Dave