Port-mac68k archive

Re: nfsrooting

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 08:56:08PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 21:22:57 -0800, Rob Braun wrote:
>
> While I can see that it would be nice sometimes to have the option, you
> don't generally specify gory details of a net boot on the client side.

Right.  Currently, the mac68k booter allows specifying the ata or scsi
device to root from, and passes that to the kernel, which the kernel
then uses.  So, in mac68k, the kernel will only root from one of those.
The exception is that you can compile a custom kernel specifying a
network interface as a root device and it'll then do all the rest.

This just allows the booter to tell the kernel to use a network interface
as a root device without building a custom kernel.

Rob