Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 7.x on Mac LC III ?

According to the documentation for 7.0.x, the newest LC series with the 68LC040 cpu has an issue with the built in floating point processor and will not work.

However, the LC iii is listed as working with the 68030 cpu.  Minimum specs state 8MB ram and 60MB disk space if you want to do something more interesting than boot.

I am currently trying to figure out the best way to install on my IIci, as I only have a floppy drive.   If you have CD rom or card/usb adapter that might be an easier way to install.
Possibility of installing over ethernet via booting from floppy?

Kind regards,

Jay

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Bjarne Bäckström <bjarne.backstrom%hjomail.se@localhost> wrote:
Hi, Hauke, and thanks for your reply.

> 10 juli 2016 kl. 20:14 skrev Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>:
>
> At 16:52 Uhr +0200 9.7.2016, =?utf-8?Q?Bjarne_B=C3=A4ckstr=C3=B6m?= wrote:
>>  What is the verdict on installing NetBSD 7.x (7.1 preferably, of
>> course) ’Äùas is’Äù on a Mac LC III with an FPU and 36 MB of RAM?
>
> The LC III is expected to work, and has been for a long time. I don't have
> the model (in fact, I had the option in 1994, and passed in favour of an
> SE/30), so I cannot check - but why don't you give it a try, and report
> back?

   I will, just wanted to know in advance if anyone had any ”hands on” experience, which can save some time.

Best regards,
/Bjarne.