Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD 7.x on Mac LC III ?

Hi, Jay!

> 11 juli 2016 kl. 12:40 skrev Jay Young <dragoonboy%gmail.com@localhost>:
>
> According to the documentation for 7.0.x, the newest LC series with the 68LC040 cpu has an issue with the built in floating point processor and will not work.
>
> However, the LC iii is listed as working with the 68030 cpu.  Minimum specs state 8MB ram and 60MB disk space if you want to do something more interesting than boot.

   Yes, I have now installed 7.01, using Martin Husemann’s modified booter for my 18 GB HD (Mail thread, starting May 30, 2014), just to play safe… (The provided installer doesn’t work with my drive either.) Using sysinst, I pulled the full caboodle of sets via ftp, and the system booted just fine after installation.

   Haven’t had time to do much more than configuring rc.conf, etc., but so far it’s looking good.

Best regards,
/Bjarne.