Port-mac68k archive

re: Error after upgrade to NetBSD 5.1

Tobi,

Did you heed the notes in the INSTALL document? Quite a bit has changed "under the hood" since 1.6 (which, coincidentally, was my first exposure to NetBSD). For instance, when I upgraded to 3 or 4 (somewhere in there anyway) some changes in PAM bit me.

My question happens to be very related, actually. I just installed 2.1 (because that's the CD I had sitting here, and no way to burn a newer version) and want to upgrade to 5.1. Do I need to read the INSTALL doc for every minor version between these? Only every major version? Does the INSTALL doc for 5.1 itself tell me everything I need to know to upgrade from any prior version?

Thanks,
Tim