Port-mac68k archive

Re: bootable ISOs

hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost wrote:

> At 1:53 Uhr +0900 10.3.2009, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> >I've committed some changes to src/distrib/cdrom
> >and put (unofficial and untested) bootable ISOs:
> >
> >ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/tsutsui/iso/mac68kcd-5.0_RC2-20090307.iso.
> >gz
>
> Seriously? Bootable? mac68k? System 7 and all? How did you do that? And
> what does Apple say?

Depends on definition of the word "bootable."

I'm not a Macintosh user, but I thought it was common knowledge
that using Booter utility was the only way to boot NetBSD/mac68k.
In that scope, "bootable ISO" means a CD image which has a hyblid
ISO9660/HFS file system with all necessary executable MacOS binaries.

If you don't think it is so common, you can add a FAQ entry
that mentions "you need MacOS to boot NetBSD/mac68k"
before answering "what to do" to boot.

Anyway, your message has discourage my motivation enough.  Thanks,

---
Izumi Tsutsui