Subject: Re: Install problem with 2.0
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Terence Tan <terence@calroth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/2004 18:11:24
--------------enig50DD07A2E86BB4990DE40CF2

Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> I've installed a number of LC040 systems now and there seems to
> be some oddities when you choose Install vs Update.

Yep, this has been documented on this list before
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2004/12/08/0012.html and
subsequent messages). It happened to me on 2.0_RC5 and 2.0 final on the
softfloat build, but I don't think the problem is specific to the
softfloat build.

I also noted that it doesn't write /etc/fstab, which can be a bit of an
unpleasant surprise when you first boot.

What I did was install as far as I could, hit ctrl-z to background
sysinst, mount /targetroot, return to sysinst and continue. BTW, now
it's installed, the softfloat build is humming along nicely, thanks for
your work :-)

  -Terence Tan

--- Get Firefox! http://www.calroth.net/firefox ---