Subject: 2.0 sysinst trouble
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/08/2004 20:19:59
Hi,

I'm in the process of installing 2.0 (final) on a quadra 800.

I had a previous install on sd0, but I choose not to upgrade, and to=20
start from scratch.
So I chose "install on part of disk". It read back the old disklabel=20
correctly.
But t seems that it did not newfs the partitions. fsck_ffs complained=20
that there was no SUPERBLOCK....
Starting over and creating a disklabel from scratch did not help.
So I newfsed by hand (which worked OK), and resumed installation.

As reported by someone else in November, sysinst did not mount the=20
target disk, so when getting the sets (via ftp), it quickly complained=20=

that there was not enough room on disk...

I bypassed this problem by "updating" to my empty drive, which so far=20
seems to work OK (it's still expanding sets).

are these known problems ? I remember installing -current some months=20
ago with no problem on the same system....

Regards,

R=E9mi Zara

--
R=E9mi Zara