Subject: Seagate ST31200N
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Wyman <wysoft@wysoft.tzo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/2001 04:07:58
I have one of these drives installed in my IIcx at the moment, and it
doesn't seem to want to detect it.

This system was using a ST52160N in it previously, which worked just
fine. I needed that drive in another system. This ST31200N was working
perfectly in a Sparcstaion 2 today before I ripped it out.

The drive isn't recognized by HD SC Setup, and I'm damn sure I have a
patched version (received from NetBSD or OpenBSD site, can't quite
remember) as I've used it to format the other Seagate drive and an old
Maxtor drive as well.

There was some noise about this a while back, but I haven't found anything
else besides http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/1998/03/24/0010.html
and its few replies.

Thanks for any info
-Jeff