Subject: Can't format a Seagate 1.2 gig drive
To: 'netbsd list' <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Kidd <jimk@is01.wvpa.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/24/1998 07:00:31
I recently purchased a seagate st31200n drive.  When I installed it and =
powered up my mac.  The drive started and appeared to go through a =
self-check (as evidenced through it LED) and settle down.=20

When I tried to initialize it with Apple HD setup 7.3.5, it could not =
find it.  I noted that when I started the HD setup that it scanned the =
SCSI bus and that the drive's LED flashed so I know that the drive =
detected being scanned.

I have already applied the patch to HD setup mentioned on URL: =
http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/patch.html  I am about to take it =
back, but before I do, is there anyone out there with this drive and how =
did you format the darn thing.

have a UNIX on me.