Port-m88k archive

Re: LUNA-88K (Re: 68040 LUNA-II support committed)

On 12/10/2011 09:13 AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> For now OpenBSD/luna88k might be worth to try.

I do have it installed on one machine.  It's definitely nice
to have, but I believe there are some limitations, like only
supporting one CPU for now.

> so NetBSD/luna88k might be possible, but updating toolchain
> and m88k MD VM/pmap will be a bit hard task, I guess.

I think the toolchain is really the biggest issue - it's hard to
even get started on anything else without that!

> Note it looks LUNA-88K has the same power supply unit as LUNA-II and
> I had to replace all aluminum electrolytic capacitors in my LUNA-II PSU
> http://twitpic.com/7ftxb0
> so I'm afraid LUNA-88K has the same problem in PSU.

Hmmm, that's good to know!  At least those should be fairly
straighforward to replace if I need to.

  -Jeff