Port-m68k archive

Re: badaddr() panics when TT is enabled

At Wed, 26 Apr 2023 07:31:47 +0900,
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > > However, this means we should implememnt some proper probe routine
> > > for nono emulator that doesn't have si(4) SCSI.  Umm.
> >
> > nono's news68k emulation is pretty incomplete quality (because
> > we authors don't know about NEWS hardware at all).  I prefer that
> > guest OS doesn't take care of such in-development emulators that
> > run differently from the real hardware.
> >
> > On the other hand, in general, it's welcome to make our probe
> > routine more robust.
>
> The following probe routine works both on real NWS-1750 and nono.

This patch's comment looks to me to change the code that
has been working on real machine to take care of an incomplete
emulator.  I think it should not.
If comment doesn't mention to nono, no objection from me
because the patch just improves si_match().

> > How about the following comment that spans in two lines?
> > (Both one and two space indentation seem to be used to represent
> > line continuation)
> >
> > +Lbe10a:
> > +	ptestr	%d0,%a0@,#0		| only PTEST #0 can detect transparent
> > +	pmove	%psr,%sp@		|   translation (TT0 or TT1).
> > +	movw	%sp@,%d1
> > +	btst	#6,%d1			| transparent (TT0 or TT1)?
>
> Fine for me.

Thanks.  I commit it soon.
---
Tetsuya Isaki <isaki%pastel-flower.jp@localhost / isaki%NetBSD.org@localhost>