Port-m68k archive

Re: return CERROR result in a0 too (was: More toolchain issues)

john%ziaspace.com@localhost (John Klos) writes:

>However, pkgsrc/devel/pcre still fails, and I have to wonder why the
>process limits aren't honored...

Datasize has very little meaning in -current. There is an address space
limit (RLIMIT_AS) instead (the 'vmemory' value in ulimit).

For me the fix stops malloc() or mmap() from returning invalid pointers
when a process runs out of address space. The address space for this
is limited to about 64MB because then it collides with the stack that
grows down from 128MB. Apparently the address space above isn't used.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost