Port-m68k archive

Re: More toolchain issues

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:01:29 +0000 (UTC)
John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:

> > That's great! So we don't have to move USRSTACK anymore?
> > Or should we do it, now since we are at it? :)
>
> I wouldn't mind being able to use up to 256 megs on my A1200 during
> bulk builds.

AFAIU, Mike said that jemalloc will fall back to sbrk() when mmap() fails,
so there should be another 128MB on top of the data segment, which makes
nearly 192MB?

But for a full 256MB address space, we should change it, yes. But we need
somebody to test SunOS compatibility with the new USRSTACK.

> Were the fixes committed? Or did you patch locally?

I patched locally and am running run some tests before committing, although
I doubt that this patch would make things worse. ;)

I will also request a pullup to netbsd-5, as this is a very important fix.

--
Frank Wille