Port-ia64 archive

Re: status of port?

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 11:06:54AM -0500, scole_mail wrote:
> Console: ia64 SKI console
>
> NetBSD/ia64 ia64 SKI boot, Revision 0.1 (Fri Jan  9 10:39:54 EST 2015)

SKI never worked for me (at least the SKI from pkgsrc on NetBSD).

I have hardware, but unfortunately for some reason the kernel does not
make it far enough to print anything on the serial console (nor VGA) -
I would love to be able to use the EFI console output from early kernel
to help debug this.

> I saw also debian and freebsd are dropping support for ia64:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ia64/2014-May/004043.html
>
> which is kind of sad.

Indeed, latest FreeBSD seemed to be able to boot on my machine.

Martin