Port-ia64 archive

Re: patch 20090202

Hi! Kochi-san,

From: Takayoshi Kochi <takayoshi.kochi%gmail.com@localhost>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 02:49:39 +0900

> I don't have the spec for HCDP handy now, but is the value of "PClock"
> (to be honest I don't know what this means) necessary for the serial driver?

'Pseudo Clock Rate' of 'Table 2-3: UART Device Descriptor Type'
described:

  Pseudo Clock Rate. Clock Divisor = Baud Rate / Pseudo Clock Rate. On a
  standard system, the Pseudo Clock Rate is 115200, for a baud rate of
  115200, the Clock Divisor programmed is 1 (which is what is programmed
  into the UART register).

We must use this to the 4th argment(frequency) for comcnattach().

I just read uart_cpu_ia64.c:uart_cpu_getdev() of FreeBSD.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/uart/uart_cpu_ia64.c?rev=1.13

By the way, can our bus_space(9) use FreeBSD's bus_space?

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/ia64/include/bus.h?rev=1.22

Thanks,
--
kiyohara