Port-i386 archive

Re: i386 minimum space requirements

Huh, looks like distrib/notes/i386/hardware on current and -10 has:

| runs on all i486 or later PC-compatible systems with 1 to 32 processors.
| The minimal configuration for a full, standard installation is 64MB of RAM
| and 2GB of disk space.

Do you have that 250MB from somewhere else?

It's from here:

https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/i386/INSTALL.html

NetBSD/i386 System Requirements and Supported Devices

NetBSD 9.3 runs on all i486 or later PC-compatible systems with 1 to 32 processors. The minimal configuration for a full, standard installation is 32MB of RAM and 250MB of disk space.

It may be worth adjusting to note that a base-only could be installed
in 32MB of RAM and 250MB of disk space, but would not be performant
:-p

Considering how well NetBSD 10 runs on my Mac LC III+ with 36 megs of memory and on my VAXstation 4000/30 (also known as VLC) with 24 megs, I think 32 megs on even a slow clocked i486 should be pretty decent ;)

John